Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Sunday, September 06, 2009

Curried Lentils



Wow, I am going to make this ALL the time. It's super easy and it tastes fantastic. The curry is not too strong, so if you like curry, add more. I'm eating it over couscous this time around, but I'm sure I can find other uses for it.

Curried Lentils

1 cup raw lentils
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
12 ounces spinach leaves, fresh, washed and chopped
1 (14 ounce) can plum tomatoes, with, liquid, chopped
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg

Cook lentils in about 4 cups of water until they are tender but firm. (I think it took about 25 minutes.) Heat the olive oil in a large skillet and saute the garlic. Add spinach leaves and saute over moderately low heat for 1 minute or so until leaves are wilted. Add the lentils and the remaining ingredients to the skillet, cover and simmer over very low heat for 15 minutes.

6 servings: 160 calories

Labels:

3 Antiphon:

1:59 AM, September 07, 2009, Blogger Jenn

Mmmm! That looks a lot like a lentil salad recipe I used to have. I actually posted it on the WD way back when.. and now I can't find it.

Poo.

 
10:20 AM, September 07, 2009, Blogger Unknown

That looks nice. Is it freezable?

 
1:51 PM, September 09, 2009, Blogger Amanda

I would assume it's freezable, but since this is the first time I've made it, I don't know for sure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home