Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

One Step Back

I'm frustrated. My progesterone level came back at 1.58, much less than the 5 I got last month on an unmedicated cycle. I knew it wasn't going be good news, since my temperatures had been in the basement since Sunday, but I wanted to be hopeful. To add injury to insult, Clomid can mimic the symptoms of pregnancy, so my boobs hurt and I'm moody as hell. I try to keep from taking it out on Joe, but he can sense it anyway, and I thank him all the time for putting up with my whacked-out emotional state.

Next month, my dose is doubled. I agree with the strategy, as I'd really like to get my body to produce the hormones it needs on its own. Also, I guess it's pretty common to have spikes every other cycle, so that would be a bonus. I'm on the right track...I just feel like I'm wasting time my biological clock doesn't have.

Labels:

1 Antiphon:

11:42 AM, September 30, 2012, Blogger Jenn

I hope you can get the right numbers over the next few cycles. And I know how frustrating it can be to see time ticking away. I wish I could say something more helpful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home