Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Wednesday, November 05, 2003

So, here I am. With a blog. I've jumped on the bandwagon. Now that I have one, what I'm going to do with it is another question all together. How much I'll post (especially considering my woeful excuse for a written journal [rolleyes]) and if I'm at all interesting are yet to be determined.

Today wasn't necessarily the best day to start this, especially since I'm going to be gone sporadically for the next couple weeks. I knew this Unclaimed Property training was going to be a pain in the ass. So far, these things are not within a respectable distance, which means overnight travel. I'm such a homebody. Travel does not agree with me, and as such, I do it the least amount possible. And when I have to do it for work, it makes it even worse, and sort of makes me resent my job. I want to be good at my job and I want to be dependable, so I don't want to whine and complain too much. I hate being whiny, but I also want to make sure in no uncertain terms that I despise business travel. Mom's suggestion to take a couple Tylenol PM before bed did help with the waking up, but the nightmares were worse. I dreamt I was possessed, and I have never been that terrified in my life, even when I wrapped the Prelude around a light pole. The projectile vomiting was bad enough, but not being able to scream for help was horrible. All I could do was pray to God, and it felt like He had abandoned me. If that's a taste of what hell is like, I shudder to even contemplate what it would be like for eternity.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow. Yes, it's CPE, and yes, I have to go all the way to Des Moines, but afterwards I'm headed up to Ames to see my brother Lew. We're just going to go eat, since he's got a test Friday that he has to study for, but I'll at least get to see his room and meet his roommate, and we'll be able to make plans for the Wisconsin game. And that I am definitely looking forward to. Everyone says Madison is a great place to attend a football game, even more so when the Hawks win [grin].

Shout out and good luck to Josh, who is leaving for Seattle tomorrow morning to compete in the Tae Kwon Do National Collegiate Championships. He's put in a lot of hard work training, even giving up beer. Now that's dedication. Bring me home a medal, Josh!

0 Antiphon:

Post a Comment

<< Home