Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Monday, November 24, 2003

WOOOOHOOOO!!!!! What a great weekend! The game was just as good as I thought it would be. When we kicked that last fieldgoal to make it 27-21, I was sure they were going to march it down for a touchdown and we would lose by a point. We were sitting on that end of the stadium, and our guys...our guys stopped them at the 5-yard line, right in front of us, 3 times. GO HAWKS! We made so much noise. There were so relatively few of us, but we made a lot of noise. My ankle is even sore today because of all the jumping around I did. It was just so much fun! I got the best picture of part of our group, with the scoreboard in the background.

Josh is headed into surgery this morning, because they found out he fractured part of his skull with that kick to the head. So I'm going to have to figure out how to get a hold of his parents later on today, so I can find out how he is.

And now that I notice that I've mentioned Josh in almost every entry so far (what's up with that?), I have to clarify that Josh and I are not dating. [tongue] He's one of my closest friends, but I don't feel that way about him. It's been kind of nice having a guy friend again. I haven't had that since Billy. Next year is leap year again, isn't it? So it's been almost eight years since he killed himself. I always wonder if he decided to do it on leap day to spare us the anniversary of his death, or to make it more memorable. It sure does make it tougher. Now I always get to hate leap day.

0 Antiphon:

Post a Comment

<< Home