Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Friday, December 12, 2003

All right. Some interest. At least I know I'm not talking to the ether, but after all that work putting in the commentary feature, it would be nice if someone used it. [tongue] By the way, vacation has been extremely beneficial for both body and soul. I've been sleeping a lot, but not too much, and immersing myself in Season 5 of Buffy, since the DVD came in the mail the first day of vacation. But may I say, I've been terribly disappointed in the special features so far. [pout]

Back to the question. What is my type? You know, that's a really good question. I know what I look for in friends, and I suppose that's what I look for in a boyfriend, plus the attraction factor. And looking back, I can almost only count on one hand the guys I've truly been attracted to. Which kind of makes things difficult, I suppose. When I do happen to find one of those guys, it tends to mean more to me, and the risk is way higher. But if you knew what I was like when I got to college 7 years ago, you would barely recognize me as the same person. And I'm not talking looks. My confidence level has skyrocketed since then. I'd like to think, if it was one of those times, I would be able to take the chance and ask him out. But then it wasn't so long ago that I chickened out big time and by the time it actually happened it was too late. It might be easier if I wasn't so dense and could pick up on those clues that a guy is interested. I can see them now, hindsight being 20/20 and all, and I wonder how I could be so dense. But somehow it's still a foreign concept, that a guy might be interested in me, so it doesn't naturally occur to me. Kind of has to be the big blow to the head kind of thing.

But the things I look at is how he treats other people - not just the people he likes, how much we have in common and how much we don't. I want some things to be similar, because I want to agree on movies and food and other forms of entertainment once in a while, but not too much, because I want to be introduced to new things, and I want to introduce him to new things. I like a guy who knows how to use sarcasm. He'll need it in my family. [grin] I want someone who will take care of himself, mind and body, i.e. no smokers, reasonable diet, a non-aversion to excercise, goals. If he's not Lutheran, I would want someone who would at least be willing to learn about what I believe, because it's important to me, and I would hope he would expect the same of me. Other than that, I can't say I'm all that picky.

I'm meeting Kristen to go Christmas shopping here in a couple minutes, so I'll end this. Hope I made sense.

0 Antiphon:

Post a Comment

<< Home