Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Thursday, December 18, 2003

I got home last night, and started making phone calls, and no one was home. I felt a little 28 Days Later. It was a little eerie. Emily stopped by after work to water my Christmas tree (a little late) and ended up staying almost an hour. I'm going to miss her. *Sigh* It seems like everyone is abandoning me, after all. I don't want to make anyone feel guilty for leaving, because I really do want them to have their own lives and follow their dreams, but it's hard to not feel like I do, because it's pretty much all happening at once. My best friend is leaving the country in 2 weeks. My little sister is getting married and leaving the continental 48 in May. Josh graduates and moves to the West Coast in May. Todd's going to Des Moines next semester, and who knows where Kristen will end up. I feel a little embarrassed admitting this, but these people were the first time I've had a group of really close friends, and they mean a lot to me. Not having them around is going to be hard. It'll be okay, I know, but I'm getting a little teary-eyed, so I'll stop.

Got most of my Christmas shopping done while I was in Des Moines. Finally found something for Dad, thank-you-very-much. I found The Honeymooners full series on DVD. He'll like it. Whew. And something for Kristen. I love it when something just pops out at you and screams, "Kristen has to have this!!" Not necessarily Kristen, but you know.

Little known fact: I can't for the life of me remember how to spell "necessarily." I have to look it up every time. It got so I wrote it down on a post-it and tacked it up over my computer. Grammar Nazi falls a notch.




0 Antiphon:

Post a Comment

<< Home