Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Tuesday, December 09, 2003

I put on my do-bok last night to go to TKD, and I realized that was the last place I wanted to be, so I took it off and stayed home. I just did not feel like going. I feel kind of burned out on life right now. I need this vacation, because to feel like this going into tax season is just a recipe for disaster. I just need to get through today, and get lots of work done, so I don't feel guilty being gone. And I shouldn't feel guilty, but hey, that great American work ethic. Woohoo. [rolleyes]

I'm a little miffed. Average Joe ended last night, and Malena picked Jason over Adam. In other words, the average joe got the shaft. In Malena's defense, she at least did give him a chance, and he definitely took it. And he was such a gentleman about losing! You knew she was doing the Mexican Hat Dance on his heart, and he just wished them good luck. What a sweetie!

I'd like to think looks don't matter much to me, either. Most of the guys I've been attracted to haven't been the definition of handsome, it was always something else that drew me to them. First impressions, yes. Looks do play a major part. And there is a certain look that I seem to like (Leah, you know what I'm talking about! And now that I think about it, there was another one, but I don't have a picture). And if there's something I like about how they look, I'm more likely to give them a chance. I suppose it's that first hurdle that's discriminatory. Of course, I went out with Kevin, too, and the only motivation behind that was to give him a chance. Since I've never managed to ask out a guy, I'm not discriminatory that way. I'm equal-opportunityly shy.

0 Antiphon:

Post a Comment

<< Home