Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Wednesday, December 24, 2003

Okay, I lied. I'm back. Lew, the little maroon, put bells in my present. Bells in my present. Okay, yes, I'm a shaker, but bells? Grandpa was always really good at figuring out what his presents were, too. One year, my dad got tired of it. He knew Grandpa would figure out that his present was tire irons. So he cut out two pieces of particle board, each about three feet in diameter. He cut out a nest in a round piece of styrofoam for the tire irons and bolted the whole thing together. Grandpa didn't figure out what it was, and the whole family had a huge laugh. For years to come, in fact, since the "wheel" has made the rounds ever since.

0 Antiphon:

Post a Comment

<< Home