Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Tuesday, December 23, 2003

Okay, last-minute Christmas shopping is expensive, Emily! After your "I spent a lot of money on you, so you better have gotten me something good," got me feeling a little guilty, because, yes, I spent more on the rest of the family than I did on you. One, that's not what gift-giving is about, and two, now I've spent way more on you than I wanted to. [major raspberry] Okay, it's something I really wanted to get you, but now I think it's going to have to combine in with some other holiday as well. Maybe it can be my maid of honor present. Not your wedding present, but to the bride from her maid of honor. Or...I'll just tell you I got it, and you can decide whether to get it now or later. Oooh, evil!

Almost forgot...Mr. Ashton called and asked if I wanted to teach TKD to the kids out at the Nest next semester. I'm a little conflicted. I really, really would like to start teaching, one, because I think I'd enjoy it, and two, if I want to be a black belt, I'll have to (get to [wink]) start teaching eventually, and now would be a good time to start. On the other hand, starting a new obligation during tax season is suicide. I did get an offer for help with treasurer duties at church, so that would take some pressure off outside obligations, maybe enough to do this. I'll have to think about it somemore. (Read: talk myself into it.) The funny part was, Ashton talked like it was all his idea, but I knew better. Todd called me ahead of time to warn me he had made the suggestion.

If I don't want to deal with the parents' dial-up and don't blog again, Merry Christmas, everyone! May the joy of the celebration of our Lord's birth be with you now and throughout the year.

0 Antiphon:

Post a Comment

<< Home