Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Thursday, January 22, 2004

As I said, last night was the first night back at Tae Kwon Do. It was nice being back. Went to McDonald's afterwards with Kristen for cheeseburgers. She said that Chris read this book that said they put something in them to make them addictive. That would explain why I've had four of them since I was sick. It was the first thing that sounded good after not eating for two days, and I've been eating them ever since. There's a McDonald's over by The Nest. If I'm hungry again tonight...$1 for a cheeseburger just cannot be turned down! And I did find that dollar in my laundry last night. Guess that seals it. Found money=cheeseburger.

Kristen also asked me a very exciting question, which I won't mention yet. I'll have to ask her first. Wheee! [/cryptic, hopefully]

Last night, I was also awake until after midnight. Angel was postponed until 10:00 because of the Iowa/Iowa State game (I'm so glad I'm not following basketball again this year, although it is Brody's last year - yum!), and then I laid in bed for at least an hour, running through my form and running through what hopefully will be tonight's lessons. Then I got up an hour early to come into work early, to get some extra work done, because I'm running behind on charge hours. I want to go to this tournament on the 31st, and I'm scared to try and ask it off if I'm going to fall short on hours this month. Dilemmas. Gary's been in a really good mood lately, so he might approve it even so. [crossfingers] In short, I'm a little tired today.

And Angel...I'm a little miffed that I figured everything out after the first act. I'm one of those people who watch TV purely for the mind-numbing go-along-for-the-ride of it. I don't analyze. But I have been entirely to analytical in my reviews on the board lately, and insightful and all about the character development, so I figured it out and then had my head bashed in with a shovel for the last three acts with the fulfillment of the arcs I predicted. This is what you've done to me, Joss! Making television smart, so I think!

0 Antiphon:

Post a Comment

<< Home