Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Friday, January 16, 2004

I'm a teacher! I had my first night teaching Tae Kwon Do out at the Gym-Nest last night. I had fun. I had asked Leah for a few tips on teaching kids, since I really haven't been around kids much since I was one, and she came back with all kinds of helpful stuff. I ended up doing some one-on-few teaching with three groups of two to three kids, and that was a good start. I was so wound up last night, trying to keep names with faces, and what worked for me and what didn't, that I couldn't get to sleep until 11. The hardest part was remembering that they were beginners and didn't necessarily know the basics. Then I had to backtrack, and that just confused them. I'll have to work on that. Ashton imparted some wisdom, as well. Among other things, he mentioned that it would be a good idea to match up the kids with their parents. Not only because it helps with problems if you've at least met with them before, but that the demographics of the people who bring their kids here are basically that they're the exact people the firm is trying to target for clients. So I can chalk this up as a community-involvement activity, too. Bonus!

0 Antiphon:

Post a Comment

<< Home