Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Tuesday, January 13, 2004

In the process of transferring part of my CD collection to the office, I've grabbed the soundtrack to Les Miserables. I'd forgotten how much I enjoy it. It was the first Broadway play I ever saw, and the only one I've seen actually on Broadway in New York. We went as part of the band trip in high school, because we had played a medley for one of our concerts, and I ended up falling in love. Probably mostly because it was my first, but I do love the story. I've read that 1200 page monstrosity three times. I decided that if I ever got cancer and was going to die, my wish would be to sing Eponine in a Broadway production. When I found out that the run was going to end last year(?) a little dream died. Or "Now life has killed the dream I dreamed." I'll just have to wait to get cancer until there's a revival. [grin]

0 Antiphon:

Post a Comment

<< Home