Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Tuesday, January 27, 2004

Wheeeee! Leah phonage! She called yesterday, and we talked for 40 minutes about nothing. It was wonderful!

Michelle is back! Wheeee! (It's to early to be this excited about too many things) She says she's back for good, so yay and a half!

I finally bought Natalie Merchant's Motherland...last month, I think. I've been listening to it a lot. I love Natalie Merchant. I love to sing her songs (a lot because our voices have almost the same ranges). I almost have to buy another copy of Ophelia because I've carted it around so much it's gotten a bit damaged and won't play in some players. I've had that trouble with The Cranberries' Everyone Else is Doing It, Why Can't We? and VAST's self-titled album. Those are the only three. It's kind of funny that you can play a CD so much it gets worn out. Wasn't compaq disc technology supposed to avoid that? Anyway, back to Natalie. I can't think of a song of hers that I don't like. And I think it's more the music than the words. A lot of artists just do variations of the same theme, but I think every one of her songs has a different personality. At the same time, they're the same, since her voice is so distinctive.

Motherland cradle me, close my eyes, lullaby me to sleep. Keep me safe, lie with me, stay beside me don't go....

0 Antiphon:

Post a Comment

<< Home