Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Tuesday, February 24, 2004

I'm listening to one of my local AM stations, and a bunch of local pastors are discussing Mel Gibson's The Passion. I am very torn on wanting to see this. I anticipate being very moved. I don't believe that I will be able to keep from being struck by the depth and reality of what Christ did for me. On the other hand, I don't know if I can sit and watch a man being tortured for two hours. And who do I drag with me if I do?

And I slept horribly last night. I was half-awake most of the night, so I remember most of my dreams. Emily and I were sharing a room again (including a bed - I don't envy Matt if you're really that awful of a bed-mate), and then there was one where I was living in this old house and crawling through several floors of attics and then through the eaves to get out to the roof. I stuck my hand in something that might have been mouse poop, then an old man showed up and showed me a secret dumb waiter-like elevator that would have allowed me to bypass crawling through all the attics. Anyway, this morning I have a killer headache from not getting good sleep.

0 Antiphon:

Post a Comment

<< Home