Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Monday, February 16, 2004

So I had a "date" for Valentine's. [wink] As I mentioned, Josh and I went to see Angels in America. The first part. I especially enjoyed the performances of the actors who played Roy and Harper. I think they really captured the internal conflicts of each of the characters, and I didn't see that as much with the others. Josh mentioned that he had always meant to read the second part, but hasn't really gotten around to it because he's really fine with where the characters ended in the first part, and I tend to agree him. They're all suspended in interesting places, and each of the characters have gone through an emotional arc that is, in a way, completed. There's a good possibility I'll change my mind if I ever get around to reading/seeing the second part, but as it is...actually, now I'm really interested in seeing the rest of the HBO miniseries. I only got to see a little bit when I was stuck in Des Moines the last time, and I was kind of lost, because I didn't see the beginning. Maybe when it comes out on DVD. One of the things I enjoy the most about plays is how they change every time you see them, because each of the actors will bring something different to the role.

And I missed Leah a lot again Saturday, too. Last year, she went with Josh to the play, and she called me during intermission. I wanted to call her so bad! Even if my phone handled international calls, it would have been like, five in the morning, so I suppose she wouldn't have appreciated it too much. And I ran into Sarah and Annie, and did some Hancher reminiscing, so of course the subject of Leah came up. Don't you love that you're a subject now? Hee! She sent Valentine's candy, too, and I got a Kilkenny (Killian's) coaster she stole from a bar. Thank you!

We played Trivial Pursuit last night. I love Trivial Pursuit and no one in my family likes to play with me. I don't know why! I'm really not that good...but Kristen, Tacia and I did win. By a nose. And no cheating this time!

0 Antiphon:

Post a Comment

<< Home