Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Friday, March 12, 2004

*Sigh* I apologize, guys, I've become such a quiz whore. I'll try and post something substantial going forward, but I just couldn't pass this one up.

Marcie
You are Marcie!


Which Peanuts Character are You?
brought to you by Quizilla



Later...
Okay, I lied again. I had a very disturbing dream last night, and it's been bothering me all morning. It started out with Kristen giving me a ride home, but I realized I was supposed to meet Emily at Wal-Mart, so I had to make her turn around. There was a jump in the dream, and Emily and I were waiting in check-out lines at Wal-Mart with Christina and another of Emily's friends, and Kristen had disappeared. Emily's line got to the checker first, and I went over to join her. We walked out to the cars (Emily was driving the Topaz and I had the Rabbit - which never ran at the same time, we bought the Topaz because the Rabbit died, but they were both our first cars, if that makes any difference), and Emily lit up a cigarette. I stole it out of her hand and started giving her a lecture about smoking again. I had it in my hand, kind of off to the side, and this tall, creepy, disfigured man walked past me and stole the cigarette out of my hand. I was a little WTF? but shrugged him off, since I didn't know what I was going to do with the cigarette anyway, and if he wanted it that bad, he could have it. I went to the passenger side of the Rabbit to stow my packages, and Emily and her friends got into the Topaz. The disfigured man suddenly appeared at my side, and he said menacingly, "Get in the car." I knew I was being carjacked. Emily and her friends didn't notice and drove away. The disfigured man asked, "Where's your purse?" and I remembered then that it had been stolen from me on the way out of Wal-Mart (though it hadn't in the progression of the dream). I said, "It was just stolen." He shrugged his shoulders and proceeded to tie my wrists with those plastic clincher handcuffs, like you see on packages or sometimes Cops. That's when I woke up.

According to my favorite Dream Interpretation site, dreaming you are being kidnapped indicates that you feel trapped. I know what has been bothering me most lately, namely most of my friends leaving town in a couple months, particularly Josh. It was hard enough when my other best friend left, and while I appreciate his need to go someplace else for a while, I can't help but feel abandoned, especially in conjunction with everyone else leaving as well. (I know I'm exaggerating when I say everyone, but it is a lot of my friends, as well as my sister.) I don't want change. I want things to stay the same. If that's feeling trapped, then I guess I'm trapped. So yeah, the dream makes a lot more sense now. Emily and company abandons me, leaving me trapped.


Even Later...
The last thing I want is for you guys to feel guilty for moving on with your lives. This is my problem. I know you'll miss me as much as I miss you. I have to learn to live with change, that's the nature of life. I wrote a huge long email to Leah a while back about learning to make new friends and getting through transition. My subconcious just has to learn the lessons my intellect knows.

0 Antiphon:

Post a Comment

<< Home