Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Monday, April 26, 2004

I am a celebrity. Okay, not really, I was just called a celebrity. Yesterday was the Hospice Walk for Dignity and Dinner/Auction. I volunteered through the Chamber Ambassadors, a community group I'm in for work, to be one of the "Celebrity Waitstaff" for the event. I think the only real celebrities on the waitstaff were Ron Clark and Jody Hovland (who are not Ambassadors, but I think just volunteered anyway), but we got a big round of applause just for volunteering, and I got my first (and probably only) taste of waitressing. I had only two tables, and everyone ate the same dinner, so that part was easy. I got drinks from the bar, and delivered and cleared plates and kept waterglasses and coffee filled. I was an excellent waitress, if I do say so myself. :) Not to mention getting to flirt with the cutie who was one of the other volunteers. He must be one of the newer Ambassadors, since I hadn't met him before. It was also really fun watching the auction, and seeing people be cavalier with their money for charity. It was interesting to see how much people were and were not willing to spend on items. All the items were donated, so all the money went to Hospice, but it would be an interesting psychological study on people's motivations when charity is involved. They did end up raising a lot of money, which is all that really matters in the long run.

0 Antiphon:

Post a Comment

<< Home