Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Thursday, April 08, 2004

I had a nightmare last night that Emily was kidnapped by a Chinese guy with a stutter. He left a message on my cell phone with his ransom demands. The only thing that I could decipher between the accent and the stutter was "various Goonies memorabilia, including posters and video games."

dreammoods.com says this:
"To dream that someone has been kidnapped indicates that you are not letting aspects and characteristics of that person be expressed within you. You are trying to contain and/or suppress those qualities of the kidnapped person."

I think it was because right before I went to bed, I watched the episode of Jem where Kimber gets kidnapped because she looks exactly like the princess. I also organized my Nintendo games. I have not yet played Goonies.

Sometimes the simplest answer is the best. Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate, or "Plurality should not be posited without necessity." That's Occam's Razor: "Of two competing theories or explanations, all other things being equal, the simpler one is to be preferred."

0 Antiphon:

Post a Comment

<< Home