Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Friday, April 30, 2004

I just want to apologize for skipping around with the tenses in that last entry. I went back and read it again, and it drove me nuts, but I'm too lazy to go back and fix it.

Yesterday I went house hunting. I saw a lot of features I liked in locations I didn't, and locations I liked with features I didn't. There was one house that I liked, but it didn't have most of the features that I thought I was looking for. Go figure. But, I guess there was a misunderstanding between Sam and me, he thought he was pressuring me into buying and I thought he decided not to sell. My house is still for sale, and I'm going to crunch some numbers this weekend to figure out how to finance it. Marianne, one of my mom's good friends, has offered to act as a lender for me, and Sam and Donna are thinking about a seller-financed mortgage as well. So I have several options to think about, and with all that, I'm sure I can work out something. I am a CPA, after all. Seeing those houses and having Marianne look at mine made me realize how much I love my house and how much I enjoy living there. It really is a well-maintained property, and I have lots of ideas on how to improve it more. I may have to put some of my other wish list items on hold, like a new TV and a computer, but I've decided this is really what I want to do. And that makes me feel good.

0 Antiphon:

Post a Comment

<< Home