Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Monday, April 19, 2004

Let's see if I can save some time by cutting and pasting emails about my weekend, shall we?

What a wonderful three day weekend! Friday I slept until 7:30, lounged in bed until 8, and watched TV until Kristen and I went shopping. I found my banquet dress at Younker's (downtown Younker's, if you can believe it). It's black see-through sparkly material, with a red sheath underneath that looks maroon through the black. It's tight-fitting, so tight in fact, that I had to buy some hold-you-in-so-the-bulges-don't-show underwear. Shhhhh! It's knee-length, with the wispy ends that I like so well. Spaghetti straps. Very sexy. I can't wait to wear it! Although, I had sparklies all over my chest from trying it on three times in the store.

Went to the 9:50 showing of Kill Bill Friday night with the entire gang. [begin spoiler for Kill Bill Vol. 2: highlight to read]QT is a film genius. The scenes with Mai Pei stroking his beard was absolutely hilarious, and I think his scenes were the best of the entire movie. I'm so glad we found out how Elle Driver lost her eye. That was sooooo gross, when B stepped on her other eye. The rest of the violence in the movie was gross, but funny, because it was so over the top. The eye was puke-worthy. I thought Bill's death was absolutely perfect. I was worried it was going to be anti-climatic, and it easily could have been, but the five-point palm exploding heart technique (the best. name. ever.) was hilarious, poingant, and appropriate. I hate buried-alive scenes, but I enjoyed the Buffy nod. [/end spoiler] Tacia and I watched "The Making of Kill Bill Vol. 1" before everyone else got there to watch the first one again, and I loved seeing where QT got the influences for the movie. If I was a better film buff, I would have known (except for the aforementioned, which I couldn't help but comment on during the movie, Chels [wink]), but I can appreciate it nonetheless. I can't wait for the DVD commentary. *anticipatory sigh*

Saturday I started spring cleaning - got my kitchen done - and mowed the lawn. Very productive day. I was glad to spend some time outside, though there's still a lot of lawn work I want to do, and a lot of spring cleaning left on my list.

Yesterday was Emily's shower. The aunts did a wonderful job. Em got a lot of good loot. The waffle iron went home with her, despite protests of tradition and impropriety. I don't know why they bothered. :) I got to be 'host' for the quiz about Emily game, because the aunts thought I knew too much. My impressions don't range to game show hosts, though "Nice do-bok, Trebeck..." ran through my mind. Speaking of, this is for TOD: Jeopardy Quiz. I only got 40%.

All in all, I think my weekend was just the right balance of rest and productivity. Can't be saying the same for this morning, though. ;)

0 Antiphon:

Post a Comment

<< Home