Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Reason #548 Why Dementia is in My Inevitable Future
I've been noticing that my truck has been making a high-pitched whining noise. Better to have it checked out, probably just a belt that needs to be replaced or something. I dropped off my truck yesterday morning, walked the rest of the way to work, and went on my happy way. I stayed a bit late at work, finishing up some confirmations, ran some errands downtown, and went to my usual spot in the parking garage, completely forgetting that it would not be there. The mechanic closed at 5:30, and it's past 6:00. Shit. I walk to the mechanic's, hoping they'd left it out. Nope. It's locked in their garage. No truck. I ended up calling Kristen to come get me, since I was supposed to go over there to try on the bridesmaid's dress she'd found last weekend. I took the Cambus to work this morning. Guess who was driving? Wildman. So I rode his bus this morning and I mentioned to him that Chris has been talking about a Nintendo party with their projector for ages now. He was all for it. We just need to plan it. So I'll be heading over to pick up my truck over lunch. I should call to see if it's actually ready. If they'd called me to tell me it was done, I would have remembered to pick it up. Maybe this isn't completely my absentmindedness...

0 Antiphon:

Post a Comment

<< Home