Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Monday, May 10, 2004

I need to find some free webspace that I can upload some pictures to. I've got banquet pictures! I've emailed some to a couple people, but that just doesn't feel adequate to me. I'm gonna have to get me one of these digital-type cameras.

Banquet was fun. I looked georgous, though between the length and the tightness of the dress, I felt like I was pulling on it all night. Oh, well. I was voted "Most Dedicated Female" so that was way cool. Thank you peers! I think a lot of it was that I still came to class while working 60 hours a week (and went to work way early in the morning so I could) and teaching on the side. That and I voted for myself. I feel a little guilty about that. I coulda left it blank. I wonder, though, how much the voting is actually taken into account. I just can't see how Jeremy won tournament MVP. Both came in third in sparring, and I don't think Jeremy even competed in forms, and Josh took first. Josh totally worked hard for that distinction, and what with all the work he puts into the club, he deserved the award way more than Jeremy does. Grrr.

I signed an offer to purchase my house this weekend. We built in the option to do a seller-financed mortgage, and Sam is now having a cow because I called up and asked if he would consider letting me change the offer to bank financing instead. I'm learning not to throw old people curve balls. They just can't catch them anymore. I think we're okay, but for a while there, I was panicked because he wasn't sure he wanted to sell to me anymore because I was asking him to consider other options than the one they'd been going with all weekend. I just want this to be bought and over with. I can't stand the uncertainty. I'm having a hard time with the curve balls, too, I guess.

Pinatas are almost finished. We have to figure out how to suspend them and decide whether to put the googly eyes on or not. I like the blank faces, but the googly eyes are so great!

For Mother's Day, Great-Uncle Vernon had an 80th birthday party. There were a lot of relations there that I didn't know, and recoginized a few faces. I did a lot of chasing after Calvin. One of my favorite activities. That and the food. Mmmm, potluck. And pie. Lots of pie...

0 Antiphon:

Post a Comment

<< Home