Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Saturday, May 15, 2004

It feels like Sunday. I think it is because I had to get up early, dress up, sit through a long boring ceremony, and then go stuff myself. Graduation, not church. I yelled for everyone, except for Juan Carlos and Laura Piatt, because when their names were called, it took me by surprise and I hadn't been looking for them. I also cajoled Emily into letting me have her digital camera for 24 more hours. Well, I say cajoled, but you don't cajole Emily...she graciously allowed me to keep the camera. I am researching cameras, because I believe I am now addicted.

Yesterday, I took my Friday afternoon off and did all the things I said I would do, but just have not gotten off my butt to do. I said I would ship Leah's stuff Monday, but when I took it in, it turns out you can't ship rootbeer airmail. The containers will explode in the non-pressurized cargohold of the plane, so I had to unpack the thing and take the rootbeer out, and I didn't get it back to the post office until yesterday. I sorry. :( So to make up for it, I went and checked on Leah's consignment sale at Houseworks, which will take another week, because I don't have her account number (did I ever? I don't remember) and saved her bike from the bike shop. I had to go to two bike shops before I found the right one. Good thing you didn't take it to the first one I went to, because they said it would have been gone months ago. But Bike World still had it, and the guy was very nice. He said it would have been theirs June 1st (just in time!), but he was glad someone came for it. They knew you were going to Germany, but didn't have any way of contacting anyone. He said they had been making up stories about you and why no one had come to pick up your bike yet. I thought that was funny.

I have to go make strawberry shortcake. I cut up the strawberries yesterday, and now they're all sugary and liquified. Mmmm. I had some for breakfast.

0 Antiphon:

Post a Comment

<< Home