Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Friday, May 07, 2004

Two entries in a row, I'll start off with an apology. I realize that not everyone knew I was out of the office this week, thus my lack of updatiness.

The audit went well, I think. It was my first time in-charging an audit, and I don't think I screwed up too bad. I'm just glad I had Rebecca with me, my voice of experience. So now I go into wrap-up mode, and I'll be finding out if I screwed up. The fraud stuff was pretty tough. All the new regulations stemming from the Enron debacle and the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (Sar-Ox in accountant-speak) went into effect starting last December 31st, and this was the first audit I've been on with all that extra work. First year audits or regulations are always tough, because there's no precedent to base anything on, and these regulation requirements are especially extensive and time-consuming.

Let's see...what else? Testing was Friday, and I got my brown-tips. Or skid-marks, as Kristen refers to them. Very exciting. Ethon taped my belt and said "It's about time." It hasn't been that long, has it? Nine months? I'm conservative. I don't want to test just to test. I want to be comfortable with the level and it's requirements before I go on. The last thing I want is to test and make a fool of myself, like some people have done in the past (do a couple black belts come to mind?). That and it takes my muscles a while to learn what my mind knows. That's why I'm a klutz. ;)

But the banquet is tonight. I'm so excited! I get to wear my dress, and I did a test run of my hair on Wednesday, and it will look great! I'm going to do Chelsea's too, because she said she was just going to leave it down, and I couldn't let her do that. I found a great 'do, that I think will look awesome on her. I just hope she has enough hair for it to work. I'm going to borrow Emily's digital camera, so there will be pictures for Leah. I love getting dressed up! And I get to do it twice this month! Emily's wedding is two weeks from today. She is sick as a dog, poor girl. She gets sick every single finals week. She literally has not been well for finals ever in her college career. It would be hilarious if it wasn't so horrible. I'm still working on a speech, though I've given up on theatrics. I'll just do what I do best, write from the heart and make people cry.

0 Antiphon:

Post a Comment

<< Home