Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Monday, June 07, 2004

"I am in a conventional dither, with a conventional star in my eye."

I had a wonderful weekend. Saw Prisoner twice. The second time I fell asleep, but I'm blaming it on mild heat exhaustion, with the headache and nausea and the working outside during the "heat" of the day. Heat exhaustion sucks. Once you get it (which I did in high school), you're susceptible ever after.

Okay, I can't remember much else except for spending the majority of the weekend with Mike. Mike is Max's son; Max bought the house to the south of me, and put that huge addition on and has been working on fixing up the house for the last year and a half. Mike moved out here a couple months ago to help his dad finish the house and to take a job in Cedar Rapids. I hadn't met him until he came over to check out my limestone wall project. Saturday he invited me over to take a tour of the house since they finally moved in last weekend, and most stuff is finished. The house looks vastly different. I knew it had potential, and it's absolutely georgeous.

We ended up talking for two hours, until he had to leave for a family obligation (and I was going to leave to go see HP in an hour as well). I ended up getting myself invited over for coffee Sunday morning, and we sat on the porch and talked for three and a half hours. I also accepted an invitation to supper, so I had supper over there as well. Mike walked me back to my house, and he kissed my hand. How sweet and old-fashioned! I like him. I even like his dog, and you guys know how I feel about dogs.

In other news: Serenity release date announced

0 Antiphon:

Post a Comment

<< Home