Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Thursday, June 17, 2004

I am very content. It would be nice if my evenings weren't so full, but that's the choice I made. Who knew I would meet someone that I would want to spend all my time with? It's become a habit now to go over to Mike's as soon after I get home as possible. Last night, after Uncle Tim and family went home, I took my papers over there and graded homework while they ate a late dinner. (Uncle Tim has some thinking to do, and will present my options to me at a later date.) Mike walks me home and every night before he turns to go, he kisses my hand and I can't help but think there's a good chance I'm going to fall in love with him. Which is a bittersweet thought, because there's a chance he's going to leave the state for a better job opportunity. Part of me hopes he doesn't get the job so he'll stay, and I feel horrible about it because this job would bring him so much closer to his career goals.

But right now, I'm enjoying the time we spend together. He is just an amazing person and he sees me the same way.

1 Antiphon:

9:36 PM, June 20, 2004, Blogger Chelsea

You need a computer at home so we don't have to wait until Monday to hear about your weekends. I need *something* to read on the weekends.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home