Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Monday, June 14, 2004

I switched to Blogger comments, because I realized that Haloscan doesn't keep comments after so many days. If you don't have a Blogger Blog, just post anonymously, and sign your name at the bottom of your comment.

I am a homeowner. All that crap I went through was worth it. I signed all the papers Friday afternoon, and all the joys and headaches of homeownership and landlorddom are mine. First of all comes the building inspection later this morning. She will come tell me all the things I have to fix in order to keep my rental permit. Hopefully not many. Cross your fingers!

Mike took me out to dinner Friday night to celebrate, and reiterated his offer to help with some of the maintenance things, which was very sweet of him. We also celebrated the leakage of the information that I will be receiving a promotion at work. No longer a lowly Associate, I will be a Senior Associate. All the extra responsibilities I've been taking on have paid off. It's very nice to be recognized, and the pay raise will definitely come in handy.

Max bought a boat, so we went with him and Mike's sisters out on the Res Saturday afternoon. It's been quite a while since I've been out on a boat, and it was very fun putting the boat through it's paces. After my seat broke off the floor (one of the things they will have to fix - hee!) I stood near the front of the boat with the wind in my face. It reminded me how much I want a motorcycle. Went to the Wig & Pen afterwards. Sun and water make you hungry and tired.

Sunday we just hung out. Mike happens to be a NASCAR fan, so for the first time in my life, I sat down and watched one of these things. I remember we always used to make Dad turn down the sound when he would watch a race. Now I'm actually watching one. I did take a nap through part of it, though my wake up call was a face full of snot from Oswald. One of the many reasons I don't enjoy dogs. Earnhardt Jr.'s his driver, but he went to high school with Jimmie Johnson, so he cheers for both. Dogs, NASCAR...I must really like this guy. :)

Then we went to dinner at his mom's (his parents divorced last year) and I took him over to meet Kristen and Todd and we sat and chatted for a little while. That was my weekend. Somewhat tiring, but fun.

4 Antiphon:

12:34 PM, June 14, 2004, Blogger Chelsea

Since they don't keep the comments, I may switch too.

 
12:41 PM, June 14, 2004, Blogger Ems

Matthew watches NASCAR also. I just read or slepp through the middle and then when I wake up it's almost over! Speaking of dogs we went to the pet store to look at some and the one I want is $999.98. So I dont think that I will be getting that anytime soon. :(

 
10:57 PM, June 14, 2004, Blogger Mindi Scott

So you bought a house so you could rent it out?

Congrats on the promotion!

 
8:41 AM, June 15, 2004, Blogger Amanda

To explain: the house that I live in is technically a duplex. I live in the bottom half of the house, and the top floor is an efficiency apartment that I'm planning on continuing to rent out. Zoning laws have changed since it was a duplex, so if I give up the rental permit, I can't ever get it back, so I have to stay compliant.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home