Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Tuesday, June 22, 2004

I'm pretty sure that Angel would never be able to lose his soul by having sex after that first time with Buffy. Which really screws up the entire plotline for Season 4's Awakening, but that's not my point today. My point is, that he would be unable to forget that at any time he could lose it all, and never be able to experience true happiness due to that knowledge.

Which is how I'm feeling now. I can't forget that at any time now, I could lose it all. Last night, we watched Batman after I got home. I couldn't just sit there and watch the movie, I was concentrating on remembering the moment: how it felt to sit next to him, to hold his hand, to listen to him breathe. It presses on me as urgent to remember these things, these simple things, these things I might otherwise take for granted.

Beneath it all, I am bracing. Impact imminent. I am remembering the little things, because it's the little things that I enjoy the most, and what may have to carry me through. I just found him, why does he have to be taken away from me so quickly? The only thing I can do is trust in God's Plan. If he goes, we either weren't meant to be and this was just a wonderful moment in time, or we survive it together, stronger. And if he stays, if he stays...

5 Antiphon:

5:31 PM, June 22, 2004, Blogger Ems

Those small things are the greatest. When Matthew was gone... I hated myself for taking for granted the fact that he was only 4 miles away. There is a big difference between 4 and 3600 miles. So win or lose hang on to those moments or someday you will be sory you didnt. You never know how things will go. How many paople told us that whne Matt left it would be over for us? Too many is the answer. Look at us now. So have faith that what happens is what was meant to happen and enjoy this time you DO have together and try not to focus on what might happen. Besides even if he does go, he might change is mind and come back. The job might not work out or something. A million things COULD happen focus on what IS happening.

 
11:05 PM, June 22, 2004, Blogger Chelsea

I guess it is good I don't have the 4th season on DVD yet because I would probably be up too late watching it tonight.

 
2:37 PM, June 23, 2004, Blogger Amanda

Season 4 is now available for pre-order through Amazon.com. Release date is advertised as September 7.

 
4:26 PM, June 23, 2004, Blogger Chelsea

Did you have to mention that?? I still need a camera and the 4th and 6th seasons of Buffy and all of Angel. Yes, I do *need* them. the of course, Wonderfalls is possibly coming out on DVD in December.

 
4:44 PM, June 23, 2004, Blogger Amanda

Yes. I have a reputation to uphold.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home