Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Wednesday, June 30, 2004

It didn't take much to placate me. When I got home from teaching, Mike and Max were just about ready to go eat at the Wig & Pen, so I got an invitation to go with. Mike was not very talkative about it, but he got the job. He is very torn on whether or not he wants to accept it. There's really nothing I can do to help him make the decision, so I'm going to keep quiet until/if he's ready.

Small world story: while we at the W&P, one of Max's friends/former co-workers called and he invited her to join us. She was asking where I was from, and I said, "Small town, about 30 miles away."

"Which one?"

"Wilton."

"Get. Out! I'm from Wilton!"

Turns out she graduated about five years before I did. We had a wonderful time reminiscing. We didn't know each other, but we know the same people and places and traditions. Kind of like old war buddies. ;) Poor Mike and Max. They were so left out. It's alright. I've been in the same position with the two of them.

4 Antiphon:

11:24 AM, June 30, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous

Maybe he is thinking about what to do about you?

 
11:43 AM, June 30, 2004, Blogger Amanda

Quick request: if you're not signed in to Blogger, can you sign your name at the bottom of your comment? I'd like to know who I'm talking to. :)


I know, in fact, that he considers me a reason to stay. Em was right, he had this interview before he met me, and I have definitely changed the dynamics of taking the job vs. not taking the job. There are other reasons he has listed to me for which he'd like to stick around, which is why I'm keeping quiet. If I was the only reason to stay, I wouldn't let him do it. I can't be everything for him, and I wouldn't *want* to be everything for him. I have to let him weigh the pros and cons and determine what is most important to him.

 
1:27 PM, June 30, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous

It seems he's got a big decision to make then. Congratulations to him for getting the job though.

And I agree with you, re: being *everything* for him. That would shift the relationship from whatever it is now into something more serious.

If he chooses to stay though, and there are other factors involved, then go cheer, whoop and dance :)

Helen

 
2:48 PM, June 30, 2004, Blogger Ems

Sometimes being right all the time just hurts. LOL. At least you got your psuedo reason for the blow-off. Good idea to leave it to him. I definately dont think that you guys are at a point where you should be everything to him, but I wouldnt leave ALL the thinking to him. Maybe you need to think about whether that could be an possibility because he might need to know. Just think about it. You dont have to be definate just have an answer if the question is asked.

So what was the chick's name? Do I know the family. Hell, what am I saying, she probably IS family. ROTFLMAO

 

Post a Comment

<< Home