Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Monday, June 21, 2004

Mike is becoming more and more frustrated with his situation here. I'm not going to go into all the details, but living with his dad is starting to get to him, and his job is also a source of frustration. This weekend, he is going to Wyoming to interview for another job. There are many reasons he would like to stay, but too many other things would have to change in short order for him to do that. I half-heartedly agree with him. I want to fix it, make it all better for him, and I can't.

One of the things we talked about this weekend was our high school experiences. We couldn't have been more different. It boggles my mind, really. If we had met back then, I wouldn't have touched him with a thirty-nine-and-a-half foot pole, and pretty much the same for him. It's amazing how much we've both changed in the intervening time to be people the other finds good company. I found it very sweet when he offered to beat up Trevor Sheeley for me, who beat me out for valedictorian by a thousandth of a grade point. I'm still bitter about that. ;)

I watched another NASCAR race Sunday (mom was also very surprised about the dog/NASCAR toleration), then we went our separate ways to spend Father's Day with our dads. We cooked brats over a fire and made smores. I love sitting around a campfire, and we reminisced about past camping trips. Dad dropped the inside of one of his marshmallows on the ground, and then complained about getting grass in his mouth when he tried to pick it up and eat it. What a maroon.

Wheee!
I just got some of the Best. News. Ever! I'm not sure yet I'm allowed to tell, but I'm just so excited I had to share!

9 Antiphon:

10:55 AM, June 21, 2004, Blogger Ems

I would just like to say that you cant say you got good news and then not tell. If you cant tell then you should have restrained from posting. Because now I must know the news. Brat.

 
3:00 PM, June 21, 2004, Blogger Chelsea

You will all learn soon enough. I can say that because I know what it is. Aren't you jealous now?

 
3:30 PM, June 21, 2004, Blogger Mindi Scott

News! NEWS! News!Your dad dropped the inside of his marshmallow? [confused]

 
3:33 PM, June 21, 2004, Blogger Amanda

Yeah, you know how when you toast marshmallows, they get all toasty on the outside and gooey on the inside, and when you take them off the stick, sometimes the gooey inside doesn't stay inside the crispy outside? That's what happened.

 
3:39 PM, June 21, 2004, Blogger Amanda

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
6:02 PM, June 21, 2004, Blogger Ems

Nope not jealous cuz now I know too. Heehee.

 
8:06 AM, June 22, 2004, Blogger Amanda

Dude, you're supposed to keep it on the downlow. Now everyone knows I told you and they're going to be somewhat miffed. *shakes head*

 
2:24 PM, June 22, 2004, Blogger Ems

You said I had to keep it a secret. That I did. Yousaid nothing about not telling that I knew. There is a difference. Besides, I'm your sister, it should be expected that you would tell me and not other people. Its a priviledge iI earned in having to share a room with you! lol

 
2:45 PM, June 22, 2004, Blogger Amanda

Telling that you knew is kind of implied, knowing the nature of the secret. Which, by the way, Chelsea spilled on TKD Hawks, so it's not so much a secret anymore. I'm not even sure it was a secret to begin with, but I know how much I enjoy telling that kind of news, so I thought he might want to, also. He probably wouldn't care, but I wanted to give him the time for the option.

I get one of my best friends back! Yay!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home