Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Monday, June 28, 2004

Weekend Update

No news from Mike. I'm hoping he just forgot my phone number. We don't have them programmed into phones because we just run next door if we need to say something, and I wrote it down for him Wednesday night. He was going to pack Thursday morning before his 7:00 a.m. flight (I told him!) and it's very likely it got lost in the bustle. I hope. The second most likely scenario is that he didn't get the job and is upset, but I don't even want to think about that.

Friday night Kristen, Todd and Tacia came over for Pokey sticks and an 80's/90's game marathon. Never again. The marathon. It took us almost 5 hours to do both games. Five hours.

Sunday was my cousin Justin's graduation, and I recruited a lot of my family for a work day this Saturday, to get the bulk of the work on the rental unit done. It will also be somewhat of a housewarming party, too, since not everyone is going to be able to work, and I like a festive atmosphere. Food will be provided. So friends are welcome.

I recruited Max to replace the staircase, and he will be coming up with a bid for that. My mom said she would lend me whatever extra money I needed to finish the repairs. I'm just going to go ahead and do all of it, even though the list of violations the City sent me did not include everything that they had talked about. They will have to be fixed eventually, so I figure it will be easier to do it all at once, while I have the help, and not have to worry about it again. So I'm in good shape, I think.

I like having people who can and are willing to help me. Having my family makes life so much easier. I can't express how grateful and blessed I feel to have these people in my life. All the people I know whose families are obstacles instead of support...I can't help but feel pity for them. It makes me want to share - to say, here, come be a part of my family, not every family is like that. You'll like it here, with us. Feel as loved as I do.

4 Antiphon:

1:02 PM, June 28, 2004, Blogger Ems

That' how I felt about Nile. All his life the families he has been with treated him bad. It's like come and see how a family is supposed to be. NAyway what games did you play that took that long? Bet it wasnt CandyLand but it should have been! LOL.

 
2:03 PM, June 28, 2004, Blogger Annika

Wait, Pokey Sticks? Gumby's Pizza Pokey Sticks? If that is what you mean, I may have to hate you. I haven't had them since I lived very briefly in Columbus, and they were my favorite thing EVER.

 
3:09 PM, June 28, 2004, Blogger Ems

I would like to say that thanks to Amanda have ordered the 90's trivia game because I must have it. thank you for adding to my addictions. But then I have gotted her addicted to some things too.

 
4:12 PM, June 28, 2004, Blogger Amanda

Mwahaha! The Temptress strikes again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home