Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Thursday, June 24, 2004

Yeah, I'm a Dork

Since I knew he was feeling really nervous about the interview, I did something pretty dorky and hokey and probably another couple -ey words. I put together a box of items I found in my junk drawer, and attached little tags with messages on them. The box was entitled, "Amanda's Top Ten Reasons Mike Is Going To Kick Ass In His Interview." I put in things like: an old key "Because Mike is a self-starter", a poker chip, "Because when you bet on Mike, your gamble will always pay off", a golf ball "Because Mike will fight through the hazards to reach his goal"...all goofy little stuff like that. He didn't open it while I was there - I told him to open it when he was feeling especially nervous. He did express appreciation for my support, so I'm glad I did it.

Hopefully, he thinks it's thoughtful instead, although he's bound to find out I'm a dork eventually, so it may as well be now.

2 Antiphon:

5:17 PM, June 24, 2004, Blogger Chelsea

That was really sweet of you!! I don't know anyone that doesn't appreciate dorky stuff. I just received a box full of dorky stuff and I love it!!

 
12:56 PM, June 25, 2004, Blogger Annika

I think that is just the sweetesst thing ever.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home