Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Friday, July 09, 2004

I love thunderstorms. When I was little, I used to be terrified of thunder. When I was about four, I had a babysitter who had a panic attack during a thunderstorm. Her fear scarred me so much, I was scared of thunderstorms for years afterwards. Now, being safe and warm inside while the wind and rain rages outside is comforting. The rain pounds at the world, washing it clean of dust and trash and all the crap that accumulates.

Mike told me what has been bothering him. No wonder he has been preoccupied and distant. All the crap he's been accumulating, he needs a good thunderstorm to wash it all away. God, please give him a thunderstorm.

3 Antiphon:

10:33 AM, July 09, 2004, Blogger Chelsea

I love waking up to a good thunderstorm. I believe the best way to experience a thunderstorm is watching it from the front porch of our cabin as it comes across the lake.

 
2:20 PM, July 09, 2004, Blogger Meghan

... being safe and warm inside while the wind and rain rages outside is comforting. The rain pounds at the world, washing it clean of dust and trash and all the crap that accumulates.Ahhh... there's nothing like a thunderstorm. I miss them living here on the Left Coast.

 
2:22 AM, July 11, 2004, Blogger Chelsea

i am not creative enough to come up with any good metaphors.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home