Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Tuesday, July 27, 2004

“It’s been seven hours and fifteen days/Since you took your love away.”

And I finally asked after him. Max has been working on the stairs/deck since Thursday, and I finally asked after him on Sunday. I guess Mike calls him almost every day. Though Mike did tell me that a while back…he calls both his parents almost every day, if even for just five minutes. He’s got his service truck all outfitted and has already been sent out to fix stuff, which he didn’t think would happen for almost a month, so if it’s only been a week, it must be all coming back to him pretty quickly.

He hasn’t called me. I didn’t really expect him to. In some ways, it’s hard, and in other ways, it makes it easier. Clean break, moving on. But then, not hearing from him at all…it makes the whole thing feel like something I dreamed once. My memory gets a little hazy, and I have to try harder to recall those things I tried to fix in my mind. I don’t know if I would miss him more if I talked to him or now that I don’t. I suppose it doesn’t matter all that much, since it isn’t up to me.

To break up your regularly scheduled moping, I feel the need to mention I have had the worst time trying to type my own name today.

6 Antiphon:

1:52 PM, July 27, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous

I saw the song title quoted and for a second, thought "Carpenters". then I heard it sung in my head and realised it is Sade, "Nothing Compares To You". Yay team me!

And I see your dilemna over whether not talking or talking is better.

At least you met him, and got to know him. Whether that's better than never having met him... I don't know. I'm certainly glad I met Laurie, even though we're now in a kind of no-man's land- not going out, but very close friends.

Helen

 
2:52 AM, July 29, 2004, Blogger Ems

Ok, I am having a brain fart. What song is that from? It is driving me NUTS!

 
1:09 PM, July 29, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous

Ems-

It's Sade, "Nothing Compares to you".

I'm certain. Still waiting on confirmation.

Helen

 
1:39 AM, July 30, 2004, Blogger Ems

Oh, yeah! Isnt it that O'Connor lady what is it Senade or something. The one with the bald head...

 
8:34 AM, July 30, 2004, Blogger Amanda

I don't know if Sade sings it, but the version I know was sung by Sinead O'Conner, yes, the one with the bald head. Don't you remember Weird Al's "Nothing Compares to Hair?"

It's actually "Nothing Compares 2 U" and was written by Prince.

 
10:24 AM, July 30, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous

That's it- she shaved ehr head. I could picture the video, and completely screwed up her name.... Sorry Sade, you were "Smooth Operator" gal.

And yep- Prince song. When a woman recently went onto "Stars in their Eyes" (a show where people who sound like singers compete), she was only allowed to sing after Pricne gave his permission I think- and she had to shave her head to sing it, that was his condition.

I'm sure I remembered that right.

Helen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home