Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Monday, July 19, 2004

Very, very productive weekend, and I could not have done it without Chelsea, Todd, Kristen, and Mom.  Thank you so much.  Chelsea and I took a trip to the dump Saturday morning, and got rid of a bunch of crap.  Neither one of us had been to the landfill before, so it was something of an adventure.  I was expecting something out of The Replacement, but it was all done up like a little farm, and we drove up to the silo to get weighed and pay, and then threw the junk into trash containers.  It was fun.  We got to break glass.
 
Then we cleaned.  Todd and Kristen also came over to help clean, although I later realized that Todd doesn’t quite yet get the concept of getting dirt out of corners.
 
Mom came over Sunday, and we painted all day.  It’s amazing how much a coat of paint will do for brightening up the place.  Hopefully, I can get all the paint tape taken down and trim nailed back up Wednesday, but it may depend on when my stairs get replaced.  I’ll have to paint the outside of the second-story bathroom window, and I’m not sure how to get the ladder up there.  I think I’ll wait until Max gets back.

0 Antiphon:

Post a Comment

<< Home