Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Thursday, July 08, 2004

When I'm contemplative, I tend to write maudlin poetry that no one would want to read. Or I find song lyrics. The song lyrics are oftentimes much better. Plus the bonus of the music. So when I post the music lyrics, I hear the music in my head, which makes it better for me, but maybe not so good for you, if you don't know the song. A couple posts back, that was from South Pacific. This one is from one of my favorite sources of "in pain" music, the incomparible Alison Krauss. The other is Chris Isaak, but Alison captures my mood today.

"It doesn't matter what I want
It doesn't matter what I need.
It doesn't matter if I cry
Don't matter if I bleed.
You've been on a road
Don't know where it goes or where it leads.

It doesn't matter what I want
It doesn't matter what I need.
If you've made up your mind to go
I won't beg you to stay.
You've been in cage
Throw you to the wind you fly away.

It doesn't matter what I want
It doesn't matter what I need.
It doesn't matter if I cry
Don't matter if I bleed.
Feel the sting of tears
Falling on this face you've loved for years."


I've decided what I'm going to say to him. Just need to find the right time to say it. I'm running out of time. With Mike, time has had no meaning. Time has been so short, yet it has lasted so long. Hurry, hurry, hurry, I have all the time in the world.

4 Antiphon:

2:22 PM, July 08, 2004, Blogger Chelsea

It's better for all if I don't even attempt to write poetry. That song does seem to be very fitting for your situation right now.

 
2:25 PM, July 08, 2004, Blogger Amanda

It's on the first Buffy soundtrack. It's one of the background songs from When She Was Bad. Which is kind of weird, because right now, I'm listening to Sugar Water by Cibo Matto, from the same episode, which is on the second soundtrack. The UK version of the second soundtrack, which I got in the mail yesterday. I now have two versions of the same soundtrack, because there are different songs on each.

Have I officially fell into geekdom, or was I already there?

 
9:14 PM, July 08, 2004, Blogger Chelsea

You were already there, but if it makes you feel any better, Randal is still beating you as he again proved to me tonight.

 
5:24 AM, July 09, 2004, Blogger Ems

oh sweetie you were there so long ago! LOL. But I am going to leave this one alone cuz sometimes you just make it too easy. LOL.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home