Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Monday, August 23, 2004

Do you remember me saying something about running before Tae Kwon Do started, so I wouldn't die the first day of class? Yeah, that didn't happen. A summer of Snickers and sedentariness and other things that are not so good for me contributed to my death about halfway through class tonight. Not really, I've been worse, but only because I was careful about not overdoing it. I learn. I really do.

But I'm glad to be doing it again, because I was starting to feel flabby. I have definitely gained some weight around my middle, and pants that had been starting to feel loose started to fit again. Which I suppose is better than actually growing out of my pants. That just gave me an odd mental picture. I will be in shape, and I will test for my brown belt by the end of the semester. I might think about the mid-semester testing, but I haven't even started learning Pal Gwe 6. I like time with my forms.

In other news, the students are back. Ugh. They're like locusts, swarming around, taking all the parking spots. I'm becoming more and more of a townie every year. I shake my fist at them: "Damn kids! Think you own the place!" At least the parents are gone. That first weekend before school starts, everywhere you turn, there's a stupid driver: "There's no stop sign there - go! This is a one-way, dumbass! If you don't go now, we'll be sitting here forever!" I try to stay home on move-in weekend.

2 Antiphon:

1:48 AM, August 24, 2004, Blogger Ems

I find that to also be true about tourists. Only worse. I cant wait till they all go back to their own state and terrorize the people who live there. I havent even been an Alaskan long, but I get so annoyed with people who arent! LOL.

 
10:56 AM, August 25, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous

Oo, tae kwon do! I would love to do something like that.

And yes, definitely best to stop at the loose-trousers-now-fitting stage than get to the bugger-I-have-nothing-to-wear-cos-it's-too-tight phase. Take it from me!

I'm impressed that you've managed to make this entry while being deceased, though...

~CosmicAvatar

 

Post a Comment

<< Home