Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Saturday, August 28, 2004

I have a love/hate relationship with rain. It's been gloomy, wet, and miserable all week. But on the other hand, not having to go out into it, lounging in bed, reading, being warm and cozy inside while it's wet and miserable outside is one of the best feelings ever. I'm contemplating another pot of coffee (some of the good stuff I inherited from Emily's move) and putting on a marathon of something. I haven't decided exactly what, though. I'm debating between Alias Season 2, Firefly, and then Emily just reminded me I have Darkwing Duck on VHS tapes that I haven't watched in years. Quality choices, all.

5 Antiphon:

8:00 PM, August 28, 2004, Blogger Mindi Scott

Mostly I just have a hate-relationship with rain. Rain makes me sad.

 
1:24 PM, August 29, 2004, Blogger Technomage

I like the time five minutes after a rain shower. The air smells fresh and clean. If you watch careful all the plants seem a little greener...

 
10:40 PM, August 30, 2004, Blogger Chelsea

I love rain!!! Especially thunderstorms. They are even better when the are coming across the lake at our cabin.

 
7:20 AM, August 31, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous

I love the rain, but sometimes not so much- i.e. when I need to go out and it's been pissing it down for hours.

But I love like you said, being inside when it's raining- especially heavy rain, when you can hera it beating down, and you can snuggle up inside with a mug of hot chocolate/soup, in bed or a cosy armchair, and read.

One of the best things ever.

Helen

 
9:27 AM, August 31, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous

I'm with you in that rain makes things rather gloomy, but being able to use it as an excuse to loll on the sofa or in bed is just great.

~CosmicAvatar

 

Post a Comment

<< Home