Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Tuesday, August 03, 2004

I need a vacation. I have one scheduled for August or September, and I really should put in for the time, before I get too scheduled up. I would actually like to go somewhere, too, but money is now an issue. I’ll probably end up staying at home again, working on projects.

It would have been nice to go visit Leah or Emily, but I think I’m limited to driving distance. September would have been the perfect time, if a certain someone still wanted anything to do with me, to go visit him. He probably would have had a hard time getting time off so soon, but still… It would have been nice.

Maybe I should just do a mini-vacation by myself. Take a long weekend and drive somewhere. I’m not big on doing that kind of thing by myself, but maybe it could be another one of my stretch my comfort level things. I could do that. I could do the things I want to do, when I want to do them, and take as long or as short a time as I want to do them. No having to agree or compromise. Hmmm. I might think about that.

3 Antiphon:

8:10 PM, August 03, 2004, Blogger Chelsea

Well, if you aren't busy next week you are welcome to join me and my fam in MN!!

 
12:51 AM, August 04, 2004, Blogger Ems

You could drive... LOL. Its been done... LOL. OH BTW, Matt's fam are all refering to the baby as turdslinger now. see what you started!

 
7:09 AM, August 04, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous

You could just take off on your own. And I'm like you, I like to stretch my boundaries. I'm not happy making phonecalls in Italian, so having to do it for the Italy job recently helped me get a little over it.

My housemate this year told me she once entered a radio competition and won. She became part of the group of guys and girls who'd won, who went out on a holiday to Ibiza. Complete strangers, a prize for a radio competition. I think I remember hearing about it on the radio (it had been a few years before, so I was in my 2nd year at Uni). This year, she booked a solo holiday to Egypt, as part of a group of strangers who were part of an organised trip, seeing pyramids and stuff. Her boyfriend's in the Army, so it was something independent for her to do.

(Lucky bitch, she's been to Egypt, to Paris for a weekend, is off to Sardinia with her boyfriend soon, and possibly off to Ireland for a bit. I just need to own the houses she does lol).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home