Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Saturday, August 07, 2004

I'm having a serious case of buyer's remorse. All that money I spent yesterday with Chelsea...I don't feel like it was good money spent. I don't mind spending money, as long as it's on something durable and practical and something I've thought on and gotten used to for a while. I'm taking some things back. I'm not like Leah, I can't buy stuff and take it back, it gives me a sick feeling in my stomach. I spent entirely too much money at Victoria's Secret, a couple of useless shirts at Dillard's (though I looked so cute in them, especially with my new bangs), an entirely too expensive polo at Scheel's, although I think I'm keeping that one, a pair of tennis shoes, which, admittedly, I need and the purchase of which will probably get me running again here pretty soon so I don't die when TKD starts up again.

And I just purchased a computer. That was painful. I've been thinking about it for a long time, and I really do think it was a good purchase, but I am feeling cash poor with all the money I sunk into the house and not exactly sure about the timing. I definitely would not have done it had I not gotten the raise. But buying a computer feels like buying a new car. They depreciate in value so fast, it's ridiculous. So anyway, I'll have a computer and internet at home within a couple weeks, which hopefully will make me more productive at work. Because, really, I do spend entirely too much time at my desk at work. If I don't spend my lunchbreaks surfing, I think it will help my focus immensely.

In short, feeling poor, taking stuff back, just don't know what, and moving into the twentieth century. Twenty-first, here I come!

5 Antiphon:

9:16 PM, August 07, 2004, Blogger Chelsea

I know what you mean about the money, but dont' feel bad about returning the stuff. That's what recepts are for. I love the shoes I bought and I know I will wear them all the time, but I have so many shoes. I really did need some new everyday shoes becuase my others are cheap and broken, but I still feel kinda funny about buying them when I am low on money as it is. I don't feel bad about the other stuff I got, even the shirt hehehe. I need that shirt. I really, really do.

I know what you mean about the computer stuff. I started out college broke because I bought a computer. My computer is basically worth nothing now and it is only three years old.

 
4:33 PM, August 08, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous

I don't feel bad about taking stuff back, as often I haven't been able to try things on- been in a rush/huge queue/not shaved legs as didn't think I'd end up skirt-buying etc....lol.

I've spent money on CDs recently, which was a bit extravagant, but I'm waiting (STILL waiting as it happens, I'm really gonna have to chase Graham) for my pay...

 
4:35 PM, August 08, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous

Oop-s forgot- that last anonymous was me- Helen

 
11:28 PM, August 08, 2004, Blogger Technomage

DANG IT>>> DON'T POKE THE BEAR! LOL

Anyway , return as much as you can before the credit card bill show up.

Congrats on joining the 21st Century.

 
12:16 AM, August 09, 2004, Blogger Technomage

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home