Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Sunday, September 12, 2004

I completely forgot to take pictures. I still can't upload them to my computer (Ken, help!) so it wouldn't have done much good, but I would have at least had them. Oh well.

It was a fun game. We did win, but didn't make the spread. I had also forgotten that we won last year. Completely. *Sigh* But Lew and Ashley and Nicole came up the night before. We didn't go to bed until after midnight, and I was woken up at five after six. Traffic was crazy. My usual tailgaters left their hotel at 6:30 and didn't get here for two hours (normally a 5-10 minute drive). The lot at the end of the street was full by nine. For the two strangers I parked, I got $40 a piece.

I saw a poor kid get a ticket for underage drinking at 7:45 in the morning. And I saw at least one guy led down the street in handcuffs. There were so many people on my street the lot at the end started charging $5 a head for people just to walk in. I walked down there afterwards, and I couldn't believe the number of empty beer cans there were. I wonder how many thousands of dollars were spent on beer for that day. I'd bet it's upward of into the tens of thousands.

And really, what is up with these girls in short skirts? To a football game? No wonder Ken has problems. There was this one girl standing on the sidewalk in front of us, and she reached to itch. Todd said, "I wasn't looking." Kristen said, "I was."

But there were these two ISU students with capes. They were so cool. I told Kristen we should be superheros for Halloween, so we can wear capes, too. This idea has possibilities. I still want to go to the fabric store and look at the costume catalogue. I like to look at the baby costumes, at least. They're always so cute!

Heat exhaustion again, so I'm taking it easy this weekend again. The next home game isn't until October 2nd, so hopefully it's the last case I'll have this year.

1 Antiphon:

7:26 AM, September 13, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous

There was this one girl standing on the sidewalk in front of us, and she reached to itch. Todd said, "I wasn't looking." Kristen said, "I was."So. Funny.

Sounds chaotic!!

Helen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home