Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

I had a nice, calm post about yoga all planned when they had to go and piss me off. At 4:50 this afternoon, I get an email message from someone in the Indianapolis office saying I had to overnight a couple of forms to them so they can do a background check. WTF?!? Turns out, I'm supposed to go to Indianapolis for two weeks sometime this fall and help them with some big project, and no one told me I'd been volunteered for this.

And they wonder why they get zinged all the time for poor communication! For one, I hate being told things like this without even the illusion that I have a choice in the matter. Not a "Would you be willing to go to Indianapolis for two weeks to help them out on a big project?" And I would take a couple of days to get used to the idea, and then I might say "yes" because I'm a push over team player like that. But to have to hear it from some random person in the Indy office, and then, "Oh, yeah, we should have told you it was a possibility," AAARRRGGH!

Second, I don't travel well. Vacations, I can handle, because usually I'm excited about where I'm going and there's adreneline and that helps me through. But business travel sucks monkey ass. I don't sleep well, I get constipated, and I get irritable. And for two weeks! I have plans! I have football tickets, theater tickets, hanging-out time! I can deal with being away for a week, though I despise being stuck with these trips soley because I'm single and don't have family obligations. Despise...hate...loathe. None of these words are strong enough right now. I'm seriously considering looking into filing a formal complaint about being discriminated against because I'm single.

I...HATE...BUSINESS...TRAVEL!!!



Now. I'm going to go watch Teacher's Pet and try and calm myself down.

And then Blogger wouldn't publish! I'm about ready to kick its ass.

2 Antiphon:

7:41 AM, September 09, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous

Blogger has been shit lately- you had problems with my replies, and it was so slow loading that I gave up in frustration. Then the one time it did load, no comments feature whatsoever.

When i come on now just to see if someone's in MSN, it's typical- Messenger is playing up (can't log in) and my Blog loads perfectly, straight away.

And the travel sucks- I hate the swap from home to Uni, as the water is hard in one area and soft in another, and that affects me for a few days until my body adjusts. I'd lodge a complaint too.

Helen

 
2:04 PM, September 09, 2004, Blogger Mindi Scott

Bastards! They can't make you go... can they?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home