Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Wednesday, September 08, 2004

My favorite pair of socks have a hole in them. I am so very upset. These are the best pair of socks I have ever owned. My roommate in graduate school gave them to my for my birthday. She gave me a bunch of things related to hiking, because this was right before the Great Grand Canyon Debacle of '01 (read that as 'aught one' - it's more pretentious). They're made of SmartWool, and are so, so comfy. There is nothing in the world like putting on a new pair of socks. I bought some socks when I went shopping with Chelsea, and when I put a pair on to try on shoes, and they hugged my feet so friendly-like...ahhh. It's one of life's little pleasures. But regular socks lose their elasticity after a while. These SmartWool socks, they're like putting on a new pair of socks every day. I mean, they're stained blue from the Great Grand Canyon Debacle of '01, but even though they look a little funky, they still give my feet hugs every time I put them on.

4 Antiphon:

7:37 AM, September 09, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous

Oh no!

I love the feel of new socks- they then quickly become worn and coarser, but they're so soft the first time!!

I thought I'd seen some of those socks in Next (a British clothing sotre), but I checked the link, and I don't think it's them. Shame, I could have sent you some.

Helen

 
1:59 PM, September 09, 2004, Blogger Technomage

How about warm socks from the dryer on a cold winter morning?

 
2:02 PM, September 09, 2004, Blogger Amanda

I don't know...I've never ventured down to the basement on a cold winter morning to get socks out of the dryer. I have wrapped myself in a warm towel right out of the dryer while I was folding laundry, though.

 
4:44 PM, September 10, 2004, Blogger Amanda

Hey! Do I come to your blog and make fun of your misfortune? I don't think so.

Better watch it or I may not feed you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home