Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Monday, September 27, 2004

Ron White was awesome. He's coming back to Cedar Rapids in December, and I'm seriously considering going again if I can get better seats. We were in the first row of the second balcony, and it was just a little bit too far away to see his facial expressions, which is half the comedy right there. I can't imagine how bad it was up in the third balcony.

If you haven't seen him in The Blue Collar Comedy Tour Movie or on Comedy Central, check him out: www.tatersalad.com. He said he found out recently that "Drunk in Public" is the single most downloaded piece of comedy so far. No wonder. Hee!

Another shopping story: After my haircut, I went over to the women's clothing section, because I need dress pants. No other woman in America obviously has my measurements, because I can never find pants that fit both my hips and my waist. To my astonishment, the size 12s fit me around the hips, much better than the size 14s. I was very excited: if I could find a pair where I couldn't fit another person inside the waistband, I would have my first pair of size 12 pants since high school! Alas, I ended up in the junior's section, because they don't make low-rise pants in women's sizes (the lack of waist simplifies my 'fit' search immensely). I ended up going home with a size 15. [pout] I look great in them, but I can't deny I would like them even better if there was a '12' inside rather than a '15'. Horrible, isn't it?

1 Antiphon:

4:44 PM, September 27, 2004, Blogger Chelsea

I can totally relate to the big in the waist but fit pretty well everywhere else problem. i still have to buy 14s occasionally so they fit around my thighs but are too big in the waist. I can usually wear size 12 now. I give pants that don't fit me to Nicole and she thinks her ass looks good in them, so it all works out. I hate buying pants.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home