Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Friday, September 24, 2004

Two Pictures


First of all, I have barely left the couch for two days. Great stuff, I'm telling you. Today, I did make it out and about. I had a hair appointment. JCPenney's was having a color sale, so I used it as a catalyst to indulge my thinking about trying to de-emphasize the ever-increasing white hair count. Self portraits are never easy, and the lighting on this camera is non-existent (but I appreciate it nonetheless, because without it, you would see nothing). It's a lot lighter than I expected it to be, but I kinda like it. I was also shown the wonders of straightening irons. Pfft. Who ever thought with my hair, I'd need a straightening iron?



I also went back and bought the rug. After two days of thinking about it, I decided that since I did really like it, and who knew if I'd find anything I liked as well when I was ready for a rug, I should just get it now. And besides, when I went back, it was 20% off. Bonus! Fortunately, it looks pretty good on top of my carpet. I will eventually be tearing out the carpet and refinishing the floor underneath, but not soon.

There's even more colors in it than I remembered, and there are soooo many ways I could go in decorating my living room. You also get a glimpse of my 70's couch on the right there. Yes, that is red and gold velvet!

4 Antiphon:

6:01 PM, September 24, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous

Oh! Pretty hair (and pretty Amanda), and that rug is lovely!!

 
6:47 PM, September 24, 2004, Blogger Ems

The highlights look awesome. Glad, to see you are coming over to the hair dye dark side. LOL. I like the rug. Where did you get it from? It looks familiar

 
7:45 PM, September 24, 2004, Blogger Mindi Scott

Oh, neat! The tearing out of the carpet/ putting in wood floor thing sounds expensive. It's good that you get to enjoy the rug before that point!

And your hair looks very nice!

 
10:24 AM, October 04, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous

I cannot believe you are getting white hairs already. You're just not old enough, dammit! But the result looks good anyhoo. And I second the wonders of straightening irons - I am also a recent convertee.

And oooo, pretty rug!

~CosmicAvatar

 

Post a Comment

<< Home