Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

How in the world does a house get so filthy? I admit, I don't clean every week, but sheesh. I can't imagine how hard it would be to clean up after a bunch of other people if it's this hard to clean up after myself. I've been spring cleaning during my vacation, or fall cleaning, as the case may be. I'm tackling one room a day for five days. I did the kitchen on Monday and today was the bathroom, and I'm hoping those two are the most difficult rooms. In addition to the regular cleaning, I'm doing the things that don't get done, like wiping down cupboards and walls, and the tasks that have needed to be done, but I haven't gotten around to doing, like re-caulking the bathtub. Tomorrow I hit my bedroom, which means getting out the winter clothes and packing away the summer clothes. There are some things I won't get done this week, like cleaning the carpets, because I'll have to run home and get the carpet cleaner, but for the most part, I will be living in a clean and organized house!

6 Antiphon:

10:33 PM, October 19, 2004, Blogger Ken

And here I thought you were dying on your floor due to some exotic flu you picked up in the congo. Who's going to kick me around in TKD?

 
11:29 PM, October 19, 2004, Blogger Chelsea

I WILL, I WILL!!! Thought I could at least offer! hehehe

Anyway... Amanda, do I have to remind you that this is your VACATION!!! Vacation=relaxing, no working. Do I need to skip school tomorrow and come over and show you how to vacation?

 
10:35 AM, October 20, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous

Oh, I know what you mean. It freaks me out when I put my diary down by my bed, pick it up the next day and it's got a layer of dust on it!

~CosmicAvatar

 
9:41 PM, October 21, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous

I can sympathize.

My place is a complete mess.

When I get back from travel, very often I simply empty my luggage out on the front room floor so I can retrieve the stuff I need immediately to live... and leave the rest strewn about as laundry-in-waiting. Once this nascent catastrophe is in place, it grows within hours, collecting empty Arrowhead water bottles, cycling clothes, dumbbells, opened mail...

I shall wait for my next vacation to tackle it, having read your blog...

Otherwise, hope all is well --

Monte Cristo

 
2:06 PM, October 22, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous

I'm impressed. I still haven't managed to finish tidying my room! Though in fairness, all the mess is on my floor, and a large pile of it is clothes which need to be washed and sent to charity.

The rest of my room is sorted but needs a clean. And yes to what the other Amanda said- even overnight you get a layer of dust on books etc!

Grr.

H

 
12:59 PM, October 24, 2004, Blogger Mindi Scott

I wonder how I ever worked full-time. Well, actually I know -- when I worked full-time my house was always a mess. Now it is only partly a mess...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home