Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

I don't know about the rest of you, but I've been getting a lot of calls from George W. Bush and John Kerry lately. Mostly messages on my voice mail, but a lot of calls. The most interesting thing about these calls is that they seem to have figured out the technology to put recorded messages on answering machines.

I got a real live person last night, someone working for the Democratic Party. I had a nice little conversation with him: he asked how I was leaning (third-party) and why (I feel the federal government has too much influence on our lives). Somehow I feel this little conversation will have just as much impact as my vote, like somehow my conversation with a random volunteer will filter up to John Kerry: there's this woman in Iowa who is voting for Badnarik instead of for you because she feels there's too much government in her life. And maybe he'll think about that. Or I could be deluding myself.

At any rate, I think that voting Libertarian in such a close race in a swing state will say more than vote swapping.

0 Antiphon:

Post a Comment

<< Home