Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Sunday, October 24, 2004

It's over. Imagine a big pouty lip on my face. My wonderful, wonderful vacation is over and I have to go back to work tomorrow. Not everything I wanted to do got done, but I was lazy as all get out, so no regrets. I have a list of things I still want to do, but I have a list, so of the good. I went home, saw the parents, and picked up some things. I got the carpet cleaner, because my carpet is Gross. Capital 'G' Gross. I'm going to have to make a new rule about not eating in the living room. But before I clean the carpet, I want to move the computer into the spare bedroom, but before I do that I need to buy a desk and a wireless card. I also have aspirations of rearranging the living room, but that means moving the cable wire and doing a little hocus pocus in the basement. That I'm not looking forward to tackling.

I also picked up a bunch of stuff for my Halloween costume. I am jumping on the flashback to the 80's bandwagon and going as a Ghostbuster. Mom and I braved the attic of the shed and searched through many Tupperware tubs to find my brother's authentic Ghostbusters merchandise, which he so graciously agreed to lend me. I have a proton pack, and a PKE reader, a trap, and the ecto goggles. I also borrowed a set of coveralls. I just need to make an armband and a nametag, and I'll be set. Which Ghostbuster should I be?

Another product of my week off and cleaning and organizing is the realization I need some grown-up stuff. It would be much easier if I could just get married and have showers, but alas, another single-discrimination issue and I have to buy it all for myself. Shucks. Pier 1 is having their Friends and Family sale this week, and Tacia gave us her discount, so I got myself started. I bought some curtain rods for my bedroom, and an awesome rug for the bathroom. The color is absolutely *perfect*. I am also considering this living room set. I think it would look great with my new rug. My only concern is if the couch would be long enough for my tastes. I like a long couch to stretch out on. Well, not my only concern. I've still got remodeling debt and windows to save for. What's the Powerball jackpot up to?

2 Antiphon:

11:42 PM, October 24, 2004, Blogger Ken

A nice living room set.

 
10:24 PM, October 25, 2004, Blogger Ems

Egon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home