Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Sunday, October 03, 2004

Todd, Kristen, Chris, Beth, Nick and I spent the afternoon at Wilson's Apple Orchard. I took pictures, but when I got back to the house, they were all cleared off the camera! I must have accidentally pressed some buttons. I'm a little upset.

It was a georgeous day for it. Sunny, not too hot, not too cold. My nose hurt a little, though, because I sunburnt it yesterday at the game. First bad sunburn of the year, in October. Doh!

At Wilson's, you can walk around and eat as many apples off the trees as you can hold in your tummy. We brought cheese and crackers and wine. Kristen said, "I don't know why, but cheese is always better after you've eaten an apple." Indeed.

We rode the tractor for a bit, but when we crossed the creek (no bridge) I had an urge to jump out, take off my socks and shoes and go wading. Some things never change. Somehow, all the girls sat on the outside bench, and when the tractor cut close by a bush, we all got slapped on the ass. It probably would have been funny to see, each one of us getting a surprised look on our face, right down the line.

I bought some tart apples; I think they will make an excellent pie or two. We'll have to schedule that apple party again...

4 Antiphon:

10:17 AM, October 04, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous

I think cheese and apple are an excellent combination. Particularly Royal Gala and cheddar, but that's just me.

That tractor incident sounds like something out of an American Pie-styled film!

~CosmicAvatar

 
10:52 AM, October 04, 2004, Blogger Mindi Scott

I had caramel apple fondue yesterday. It was my favorite part of the whole day!

 
2:12 PM, October 04, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous

That soudns like so much fun! Friends, good weather, picnic, tractor ride and apples.

Sigh. I'll enjoy it vicariously :)

Such a shame about the photos though :(

 
4:09 PM, October 04, 2004, Blogger Chelsea

I wish I could have gone!!!! I really needed to spend some time with my mom though. She called me after I had talked to Todd and told me she wouldn't be here until 4:30 so I probably could have gone after all :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home