Inferior Imitator

ep·i·gone n. A second-rate imitator or follower, especially of an artist or a philosopher.

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Yesterday, I was in Davenport for the morning, and I stopped in Wilton on my way back to have lunch with Mom and Grandma. Grandma gets funnier and funnier, I'm telling you. We ate at the Wilton Cafe, which means every five minutes, someone stops by your table to say 'hi'. One woman stopped by (I didn't know her) to greet Grandma. I am under the impression she does not live in this country anymore, and was only back for a visit. She said, "I think about you often." Grandma replied, "Well, I don't think about you nearly so much." I know she meant it as she was flattered that she was remembered, but it was all Mom and I could do not to burst out laughing.

1 Antiphon:

9:11 AM, October 07, 2004, Blogger Technomage

Is this the same place with the great milkshake I heard about?

I've got students who just rave about someplace in the town square that does great food and milkshake.


Sorry about TKD last night. I have your books, but I need to watch my daughter in the City High Homecoming Parade. Are you going to be around Friday?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home